1.13.11
Since the last blog entry we got a new doctor and are much happier with him. Apparently I am not the first one of Dr. Karipeneni’s patients to transfer to him from her. When I talked to him about my weight he said that I am 5lbs ahead of schedule, I can live with that. He answered all of my questions and to top it all off, he had warm hands. He also assured me he doesn’t induce labor to keep his schedule and that he was on board with my birth plan. For now we are happy.
We are enrolled in our new parents and birthing classes, we could have and were supposed to wait another month but I will be out of town for some of the dates as well as I don’t want to wait until a month before birth to understand what it’s going to be like. I am not that excited about spending 16 hours of my life in a fluorescent lit room without food but I guess it’s necessary.
Life being pregnant is getting a bit more taxing, the next 3 months are gonna be long and still somehow go by too fast. My maternity shirts are barely covering the bottom of my belly these days, next step is Mumus. I actually wouldn’t mind wearing a mumu if it weren’t so cold out. I guess I could always sport a Snuggie.
A few days ago I went to a project to take some measurements and write a proposal and the woman that owned the house said, “Please don’t have your baby while you are here.” I told her that shouldn’t be a problem since I am only 6 months pregnant. Just yesterday I was at yoga and there was a woman there that hadn’t been there in 2 weeks. She told me that while she was away she wondered if I had my baby. The look on her face was priceless when I told her I was 6 months along. As if this weren’t enough for 2 days, after class an older woman walked up to me, plastered her cute little hands on my belly and said, “Any day now, huh?!” I am thinking I need a shirt, a LONG shirt that says, “I AM ONLY 6 MONTHS PREGNANT!” I am not offended by any of these comments but I do wonder if these people go home thinking, “I can’t believe I said that!” I also wonder what I will look like at 9 months if I am already this big?
No comments:
Post a Comment