2.13.11
Last weekend I went to my first baby shower and it was wonderful, oh, and it was mine! My Mom, Georgie and Sophia threw it for me and it was just perfect. It would be a complete understatement to say that I was overwhelmingly grateful that Georgie flew in for it and had the most delightful cake made, that Sophia planned it and coordinated it and for all the work, planning, love and effort my Mom put into it, including bringing her own river rocks in her carry on to decorate the tables with. In addition to those 3 people and how special they made me feel, Kyle's cousin Jen with our friend Cindy drove in from Tahoe and Danielle, baby Hannah and Nate drove in from Truckee. If that's not enough to make me cry, and it is, my friends came and spent the day with me bearing the most adorable and thoughtful gifts for Ariah. I wonder if I am just the most thankful person for each one of my friends or if everyone feels this way when people show up to their parties to share and celebrate. As I write this I am thinking of each conversation that I had with each person and how, as they all showed up, I just felt so completely lucky and happy to have them there. Not to mention the food was really good and Sophia had enough forethought to package it up and send it home with me so we had yummy left overs for 3 days.
Kyle spent the day at the gun range and came at the end of the shower. In this picture he was calming Hannah, trying to at least, and it was just adorable. The day could not have gone any better and I am truly thankful to every woman that came to spend their day with me. I love you all so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment