I have all of a sudden become one of those people that tells the truth about everything, especially the things no one really wants to know. A friend of 10 years called the other day and started out by asking me how I am doing. For the first thirty years of my life, at least the ones where I could talk, my typical response would have been “fine” and if I wasn’t fine I would have waited until later in the conversation to mention what was bothering me or wrong with me. However, now that I am pregnant I tell the truth, the WHOLE truth and nothing but the truth. I believe the response I gave this time was, “I don’t feel very good, I have indigestion and I walk around belching like an fat old man.” I imagine that will be the last time for the next nine months that he asks how I am.
I figure pregnancy is just the beginning and understandably so. My very normal body that does very normal things is not normal at all anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment