7.28.10
So, I am definitely pregnant. I know this because the home pregnancy tests came back positive, my hormones are raging and I cry sporatically and unneccesarily. I used to call those uncalled for, strangely timed emotional moments “stop sign” moments but now I just call them pregnant moments. In addition to the massive loads of hormones making me cry I can also smell EVERYTHING, it's almost like a super power or more appropriately a super curse. When I open the front door in the morning or even before that, I can smell old curry or Indian-food-scent and I am pretty sure it's from the restaurant that is at least a half mile away and it makes my tummy churn, in fact, everything and nothing makes my tummy churn. I am considering chewing on fresh ginger but for the time being I am taking my mother's advice and drinking gingerale which has to be ice cold in order to go down. I have also had my very first encounter with indegestion, what a terrible condition! Despite being very uncomfortable because of it I am also very grateful that this is the first time in my 30 years that I have experienced it and it's supposed to go away in a few months. I feel quite sorry for people that have to deal with that for a life time. I have had nausea all day everyday for at least a week and a serious craving for pizza which I have only given into once. The other day Kyle and I were running errands when he realized I hadn't eaten lunch so he insisted that I feed myself and the Sesame Seed (baby) immediately. When he asked my what I wanted and offered Arby's in the same sentence I said I wanted pizza. He attempted to talk me into Arby's until he realized it was pointless and we found pizza, at the Home Depot food stand, but pizza nonetheless and I was perfectly content, it was delicious. This morning when I woke up I was craving pancakes and my delightful husband made me the best pancakes ever, he is spoiling me and I am soaking it all up. I am thankful to have a hubby that is concerned about me and totally willing to pet my head and my tummy and excuse my burping. So far Kyle is being very accepting of the pregnancy side effects, including the hormonal influence on my moods. If you have seen the movie Knocked Up, the scene where she kicks him out of her car and after he walks to the doctors appointment they have a full on screaming match in the doctor's office, then you have some idea of what he's going through. I have apologized more in the last week than in the last 6 months combined.
No comments:
Post a Comment