Monday, March 21, 2011

11.10.10


Oh good heavens! This is baby bumblebee last week, looks like a baby! Look at those little legs all tangled up, joy! She went from looking like a headless shrimp to this, I am amazed at how God works!
20 weeks yesterday and as I sit reading the breakdown of everything that is involved in 20 weeks my eyes are filled with tears and my heart with a little bit of fear and if I weren’t typing I would be holding my belly.
I am supposed to have gained about 10 pounds at this point, I have gained 20. So much for that one. I gained most of it in the uncomfortable first trimester when I ate double of anything that sounded even remotely good in order to calm my nausea. At my last doctor’s visit my new doctor asked me what I was eating and before I could really answer she suggested that I eat less of that, I am sure she was referring to the ice cream. She recommended I eat more green stuff- not pistachio ice cream either, she was talking about salads and spinach. She also suggested that I START exercising and she was more than a little surprised to hear that I run and do yoga 5 days a week. I got a pat on my back for that and a printed diet of salads and meats to eat. Awesome. I haven’t been following that but I get the concept, I have changed my habits. Gone are the days of 3 enchilada plate dinners with all the trimmings and back are the dinners of chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers and salads. I juice almost every day enough vegetables that I don’t [supposedly] need to take my prenatals but I take them anyways, I would rather have too many vitamins and waste them in my pee than deprive my 20 pound investment of it’s folic acid and protein.

I mentioned that I am running almost every day and since overcoming morning sickness I have gotten back up to 4.5 miles at least a couple days a week, all I needed was a little encouragement and I found I can still do it, albeit a lot slower. Somehow I can still bend in half and touch my toes but I can hardly bend down and tie my shoes. The water-belt that I wear when I run rides up over my belly too, I must be quite the site for commuters. It’s taking longer to run these same distances too, considering I have to stop and pee every mile and I am not exaggerating. A three mile run consists of 3 bathroom breaks. I think I will take up swimming soon so I can just pee in the pool. Bumblebee kicks quite a bit now too, maybe she is getting her “running legs” ready. She started in week 19 and hasn’t stopped. I used to feel my heart beat in my belly all the time, I assume because of all the extra blood flowing there, and then one day a thump, I was so excited! Kyle couldn’t wait to get home and feel the belly.

We have the ultrasound tomorrow and find out whether it’s a boy or a girl. Kyle suggested waiting until birth to find out the sex but I just can’t wait. Our friends and cousins are pregnant and they are letting it be a surprise and I truly don’t understand it, they are legitimately crazy! We really want a girl, a little baby girl. Kyle says first the princess and then the heir. Ever since I was a little girl and thought of growing up and being a Mommy it has always been a picture of a girl in tutus and dresses. As much as I want a girl I think it might be a boy because we have his name picked out, it’s the first name we thought of and we totally love it, girls names are another story. I will be back with big news soon! Hooray for ultrasounds and technology!
My parents were conveniently in town for the first ultrasound and now they just happen to be in town for this one, they are pretty clever. Tomorrow is the big day and I am off to pick them up at the airport. This is one excited Mommy-to-be!

No comments:

Post a Comment