10.15.10
This is a broad topic since everything is changing. I no longer have morning sickness- woohoo! I did have a random bout of puking this week but nothing to blog about. For a week or two I felt like I had a little more energy but then I realized I was just pushing myself harder. I fall asleep as I hit the pillow each night. When Kyle asks me to watch a movie with him I say that I will sleep through it with him while he watches it and that's the way it usually happens.
I have always hoped I would be one of those women that when pregnant starts showing late, wears their regular clothes into the fifth month and gets one of those little basketball bellies. I have a few friends like this and as I watched them go through pregnancy (Danielle!) I hoped that's how I would be, hardly sick and cute as can be. This is not my lot in pregnant life. I admit I have gone a little crazy with the food thing, coffee icecream was irresistible every night last month. I have gained more weight in 4 months than in the first 2 years of college and none of my pre-pregnancy jeans fit. I go in for my Doctor's appointment soon and I am sure she is going to tell me I have gained too much weight unless I am carrying quadruplets. Sometimes I like to think there is some posibility that I am carrying twins and that is why I have gained twice as much weight as I have. This little baby is gonna be healthy, that's for sure.
At 12 weeks I could feel my uterus moving up from behind my pelvic bone. There was a lot of pressure, it wasn't uncomfortable but I was very aware of it. Above is a picture of what the baby looks like at 16 weeks.
(BOOBS: Boys, I am about to talk about BOOBS so close your eyes.)
The other huge change is my boobs, they are growing like crazy. Sorry guys if that's too much information but it's a fact of life. I did not receive adequate warning and I would hate for any one else to go into pregnancy without at least expecting it. I expected them to get bigger, more towards the end of pregnancy but not this soon. I have NEVER had cleavage, ever, and I totally do now. They even get in the way when I clap and hug people. After morning sickness they are my biggest complaint even though both things are supposed to mean a healthy baby and I am greatful for that.
(DONE WITH THAT!)
I have also had a hard time getting insurance. I am self-insured and my private insurance doesn’t cover pregnancy or birth so I have had to find and secure other insurance.So far I have only had 1 appointment and that was my first one to take the pregnancy test and have the heartbeat ultrasound, that was 8 weeks ago (2 months). When you are pregnant you are supposed to have an appointment every 4 weeks so I am 2 appointments behind and my doctor called and told me I had to figure out a way to go because I needed blood work and another checkup. Way to stress out the pregnant lady! I finally get to schedule an appointment for next week, yay! Kyle says we are white trash parents, lol, get pregnant and don’t even go to the doctor, yeehaw.
Since I haven't had a doctor's appointment I am even more aware of all the changes going on trying to monitor things myself and doing a lot of google-ing. I exercise regularly, some people think I am disciplined but it's more of a survival thing. My feeling is that if I stay healthy, run and do yoga almost everyday until I go to the doctor again, the baby will be ok. I take my vitamins everyday and run and do yoga 5 days a week. Having said that, every time I go to the bathroom I check for blood- scared I am going to have a miscarriage. I don’t know when that awareness/fear is going to go away but I check the tissue every time.
My next doctor's appointment is in 5 days, I am so excited and nervous. I will get my bloodwork done soon, as well and all the other tests I should have gotten in the first trimester. I am so thankful for insurance and that everything is coming together. I can't imagine not having Kyle supporting me through all of this and making sure I create time to take care of me and the baby everyday. He goes out of his way and works extra hard to cover all the bases that I sometimes leave uncovered in our company.
No comments:
Post a Comment