9.1.10
Pregnancy is the beginning of way more than just Honesty, it's the beginning of Humility. I like to push my limits, toe the boundaries and exhaust myself physically. In an effort to expand my horizons and prepare for child birth I started doing yoga. I have done some yoga in the past, P90x yoga, (if you are not familiar with P90X it’s like the hardest version of every exercise you can do), and if there's anything I was made to do, it's yoga- I am stretchy and bendy and strong. However, the world has changed since I became pregnant with Bumblebee. It all started with the registration form. I filled in all the blanks and then I had to answer the last question, “Do you have any physical limitations that the instructor should know about?” I breezed right by that question because I forgot and then I realized and wrote down, “I'm pregnant.”
If you don't like hearing your name 27 times in an hour don't do a regular yoga class when you're pregnant. The entire class went like this: “Angela, sit there in childs pose, the rest of you wrap your legs around your head” and then yogi, the instructor, would breathe like Darth Vader. As I lay there with my forehead against the mat with Darth breathing in the background, I began to ponder all of the ways that life was changing or about to change. At first I thought about all of the things I can't do freely anymore or at least not for the next 6 months and once I had cycled through scuba diving, sky diving, cliff diving and drinking margaritas, I realized there was more to life.
I learned a lot from that class, it's not about being able to do anything you want or about being limited, it's all about finding another way to do things that is healthy and prosperous for Bumblebee and my family. Thanks Darth.
No comments:
Post a Comment