Ariah and I went to Babies-R-Us and upon leaving the store she had a dirty diaper. This was the scene after I changed her in the truck:
 |
| Every door open and me running circles around the truck. |
I wrote about Mother's Day previously and the entry ended with us planning on dropping Ariah off at a friend's house so we could go to the game with Preston and Pam. As it turns out we weren't quite ready to leave her. Our friend had mentioned that she may be taking Ariah with her to an aunt's house for a family get together which didn't seem like a problem. However, when we got to her house she was already out at her car and running a bit late. I had envisioned walking into her home and seeing her family all hanging out, dropping off Ariah into a calm atmosphere and then heading out. Instead we arrived and Ariah was going to go straight into the back of the car and off to a function. All the way over there I was reading the book that came with the car seat so that I could properly install it in her car. Kyle, Cinthya and I all stood looking at the seat belts in the back seat and I was looking at the book and then Kyle and then the seat, tears streaming down my face. Basically, the car seat would not install properly without an additional part that we did not have. It was hard enough handing her off and I didn't realize how much harder it would be knowing she was riding around with someone else. To be honest I was relieved that the seat belt wouldn't work because that meant that Ariah was coming back in the car with us and we could put off separation anxiety, for mama, for a little while longer. We packed baby back in the car and as a group, Kyle, PawPaw, MawMaw and I decided we would drive to the City, hock our tickets and watch the game from our favorite neighborhood Applebees back in Fremont. On the way to the city I held Ari's hand and couldn't stop staring at her, I had no idea I wasn't ready to leave her. I think it would have been different if we were going down the street but we would have been totally inaccessible for hours. I was so thankful that Kyle was on the same page and that Preston and Pam were so supportive. The night actually turned out great and we all had a wonderful time. Sunshine slept through all of it.
The next day was Mother's Day and we had reservations for a champagne brunch at Spin-A-Yarn, a local restaurant just down the street. I was really looking forward to the champagne part, I really wanted a Mimosa. Lucky for me it was all you could eat and all you could drink and we had plenty of milk stored up for Ariah, not that she even woke up to drink any of it. After lunch we came home and played Frisbee with Razzle and took some pictures.
 |
| At Mother's Day Brunch, Ariah is under that blankie somewhere. |
 |
| Mommy and Ari |
 |
| Ang, Ari, Pam, Kyle, Razzle and Dixie |
 |
| I love this one. Preston and Kyle. |
Here are some more random week 5 photos of Ari:
 |
| Pushing herself up! |
 |
| look at that curly hair, oh my!! |
 |
| Waiting for UPS to pick her up. |
No comments:
Post a Comment