Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Nest... ha!

6.1.11

This past week we had friends over and my girlfriend and I put together Ariah's first crib in her new bedroom. As we were assembling it I said that I would have loved to do this when I was “nesting”. My friend said she always feels like nesting and she was surprised that I didn't. Seriously?! The only “nesting” I want to do is in my sheets without being woken up by baby, dog or husband for 8 hours!

It was really nice to have some help and motivation and while Jo Anne and I put the crib together, Kyle and her husband Bruce, who's a friend an an architect that we do a lot of work with, talked about remodeling the kitchen before we moved in. Kyle and I had decided previously that remodeling the kitchen, with a newborn, was just too much. We would wait a year before we did anything to the house besides maintenance and upkeep. So much for that. Once the drawing was finished the boys called me into the kitchen and showed me the new kitchen... oh boy. Neither Kyle or I could stick to our guns once we imagined what the new kitchen would look like. We discussed every reason not to do it, like finances, time and stress, and then we unanimously voted to move forward with the remodel. We are a few days into it and things are looking good though I am not sure how Kyle is doing everything. He is working a full day at work and then a few hours in the early evening on the house. I have spent a few days over there while he works but it's really hard. I basically have to stay outside and nurse in the car and then hang in the yard, it's pretty frustrating not to be able to work on my own house. Kyle has to remind me that the baby is my job and that's it is ok if I don't get anything else done but it's still a difficult adjustment. It will all be worth it when we move in later this month and have our dream kitchen!

Ariah seems oblivious to everything going on around her. I think back to when I was a child and I really had no clue what my parents were dealing with. It never occurred to me that they were making major decisions about money, schooling, jobs and life. I wonder now how they did it so well without ever letting on that they were stressed out or overwhelmed. I hope that we are that good and make it look that easy.

1 comment:

  1. It is so wonderful to hear you talk about the things you and Kyle discuss and pray about. When he told you that the baby was your job - wow! I was so impressed. Such wisdom. Love to all, Aunt Della

    ReplyDelete