Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 4



The rest of Nana's Visit and then our first whole week alone.



Obviously very interested in this whole play mat thing...hmmm... I think I'll take a nap.

This is Ariah's first bottle. Nana watched her while Kyle and I went to dinner just down the street. I fed her before I left but this was just in case. Turns out baby got hungry and she took it like a champ! We have not had as much success since then however, it's hit and miss with the bottles. It seems like she is more apt to take one if she is either very tired (like just woke up), very calm and she also seems more accepting if she is sitting up, especially in her car seat. I am not sure how Nana got her to take it without any fuss but it was really nice to be "out on the town" with my hubby. When we came home Georgie told us she took the bottle and I had to get a picture, through teary eyes, of baby's first bottle. I can't believe how fast she is growing and how much it all affects me.


The biggest "little" feet. At just 4 weeks old her tiny feet didn't fit in these newborn socks.
We went to the Livermore Wine Festival for our first family outing and it was a blast! We had originally intended on staying about an hour but ended up spending the day there. Ariah was so much fun! It was interesting being "those" people with the stroller and the baby. Normally Kyle and I would be near the band dancing but with the baby we found ourselves doing what all of the other parents were doing, hovering near the wine and beer tents between refills. The sidewalks were like parking lots for strollers. There were only 3 wine and beer tents over 5 blocks of festivals so people were congregating around the tents. The husband would stand with the stroller while the wife refilled her wine glass and then they would switch. How did I miss this before? People with strollers kind of blended in with the background and I never even noticed them and now that's all I saw. Kyle and I were people watching all of the couples with children, comparing strollers and dreaming about the wagon we will one day have for Ariah to ride in. We are officially "those" people.


Snoozing after a glass of Pinot.

What more can I say? She is perfection.

Razzle watching over his sissy.

No comments:

Post a Comment