Saturday, June 4, 2011

Week 2- Granny comes to visit









This is Granny Kay holding her grandbaby. She stayed with us for a week, the second week of Ariah's life. She had to do quite a bit of planning to be here because she helps take care of her mom, Kyle's Granny and now Ariah's Great Grandma, Granny-O.  I never had a living great grandparent so it's very important to me that Ariah gets to meet Granny-O and just as important that Granny-O gets to meet Ariah. We are hoping to make it down for Mardi Gras next year so that Ariah can meet the family and have some gumbo, or maybe just some gumbo broth. It was such a great help to me having Granny Kay here because there were a lot of things I still couldn't do like drive and cook and do dishes. I never actually heard Granny doing the dishes even when I was awake, she's super stealth and quiet in the kitchen. 

Granny and I took Ariah on her first real outing, we went to Carters to buy some 0-3 month clothes because it turns out this newborn didn't fit in newborn clothing. She did manage to wear everything once and to cycle through one box of newborn diapers but that was it and we needed some bigger stuff. While we were at Carters I sanitized my hands 10 times, did two diaper changes and then had to hang outside with her while Granny checked out because she was hungry. We had originally intended to hit up Old Navy which is right next door but opted to go home and feed her instead.

Having Granny here was wonderful and I know Ariah loved it too, I don't think she spent a moment in the crib!

My beautiful climbing partner Cammi. She was literally sweating bullets while she held Ariah because she was nervous.


I was trying to take a picture of Razzle with Ariah in her puppy dog onesie but he was afraid to get too close. Granny was taking the picture and I think she was nervous for the baby too.

Uncle CRR came to visit while Granny was still here and he stayed with us too. Ariah pooped every time he held her :)
This is a video of Razzle swaddling the baby. We were very apprehensive about introducing Ariah and Razzle and we even had a home picked out for him if he wasn't perfectly behaved with her. Just thinking that made our stomachs hurt because he has been our "baby" for the last 4 years and we couldn't imagine life without him. To our surprise and relief, he was not just well behaved but he takes care of her. He goes to her when she cries and as you will see in the video, he even covers her when she is cold. I don't have a video of it but he will bark if she has a poopy diaper. The video is narrated by her Uncle CRR and I am the one laughing/snorting. Notice that after Razzle bundles her up she has a huge yawn.


Like daddy like daughter. This was not staged.

I carried this baby but she is definitely Daddy's girl.

Guess she had to poop again so Uncle CRR was holding her.

Granny with her little angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment