Over the last several months... all of football season, Kyle, Ariah and I have spent every.single.weekend. with our football krew. I honestly thought that having a baby would be the end of super fun Sunday football parties. It turns out though that Ariah is quite the fun magnet. Pretty much all season we alternated between our friends Gabe and Joanna's house and our house. Having the festivities at our house means that we get to cook and that Ariah takes great naps because she is tired from hanging out with all of her friends AND she is home so she sleeps well. Lots of different people show up but Jo, Gabe, David and Leslie are the ones that get here early and stay late. They are the best.
For New Year's Eve I planned ahead, like way ahead. Sometime before Halloween I secured a baby sitter. I figured New Year's was
the night to go out with all your non-baby-having friends and live it up (even though before baby we didn't really do that). Despite my early babysitter reservations, our awesome friends decided that rather than leave Ari home with a sitter, we would just rent a cabin in the woods where she could come with so she didn't miss the fun and nobody missed her. I can't even tell you how much that warmed my heart. Here are a few pictures of Ariah and her friends.
 |
| Ari and Joanna... and Razzle |
We made a visit to the river and the rest of the time was spent corralling the dogs, cooking and playing games.
 |
| Jo and Ari and Gabe sticking his tongue out. |
 |
| Leslie and Ari |
 |
| GUMBO!!! | |
 |
| Ariah with her daddy |
No comments:
Post a Comment