Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lions, Tigers and Nanas

Ariah, "over here!"

"No, no, over here!"
 We have been wanting to go to the zoo for months now and finally went. Ariah's bestie, Jo, came with us the first time. We put Ari in her fancy dress and cashmere sweater, a totally zoo-appropriate outfit!
YAY Ariah!

I absolutely love this picture of Kyle and Ariah



              Right after we took the above photo, Ari and Joanna and I lost Kyle. We circled for a while and somehow ended up at the Tigers. They put on a little show for us and romped around and stood up on their hind legs and did the cat fight thing. I'm sure we gave some mother a heart attack letting Ariah dangle her legs over the edge of the bar but there was a little wire basket catch so I deemed it safe. After 35 minutes of searching for Kyle I finally pulled over a zoo cart-driving employee and put out an APB on him. As soon as we did that, there he was! He tried to tell us that he had been standing at the birds the entire time but as the day wore on he [accidentally] told us about the Meer Cats and the baboons that he visited while he was "standing at the birds." I didn't feel quite so guilty about visiting the Tigers after that.

I love my little family!

Ariah conducting the train

 It's been a busy week, we went to the zoo on Saturday and then on Tuesday Nana Georgie came to visit. The zoo was so much fun on Saturday that I planned for our Mommy group to go again on Wednesday. It was fun to bring Georgie with to my mommy group, I hope Granny Kay and my mom will come with as well when they come visit. I also hope we get to go to zoo again especially since we are now members. We loved watching Ariah watch and listen to the birds, they were her favorite.  

Oh yes, she is sittin there all on her own. My girl!
love the monkey in the back!

Mom's Group on the train: Ariah, Ang, Georgie, Laura, Will, Brandon and Kristen


I put Ari on the tiger  and then I climbed on the zebra. I thought the person running the ride was fussing me for not holding onto Ariah but it turns out I wasn't supposed to be riding the zebra because I hadn't paid for it. I was so proud of her for holding on all by herself, she is such a doll. She was just sitting there like an ol' pro. 
This won't be the last of the zoo pictures. We will go at least once a month to visit the baby giraffe and the birds. Our next big zoo adventure will be the sky tram that goes through the entire zoo. When she's old enough we will take Ari for the over night adventures. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment