Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Christmas 2012

For Christmas this year we went to Las Vegas. It is a harmless hour-and-a-half flight there and I learned my lesson last time and had a friend drop us off instead of trying to navigate the shuttle system at 6am with an infant. My dad picked us up from the airport and we somehow managed to stuff all of our bags into his Toyota Corolla. I packed an empty suitcase to bring home gifts in, for Ariah obviously since I am now chopped liver. My mom actually said she thinks she loves Ariah more than me. I don't believe her but when I ask her about it or give her a chance to get out of that comment she stands by it whole heartedly. I still don't believe her though.                                                                         We stayed with my parents and Ariah got to sleep in a pack-n-play in the den. I tried to put her in the closet again but Grandma said no. Grandma also asked if Ariah could sleep in her room and mommy said no. My mom says that Ariah sleeps more in a day than I did my entire childhood. Every time I cried my mom picked me up. I have dubbed the name, Nap Nazi. To be honest, I am actually proud of it.


We have a  Las Vegas Christmas tradition of going to the Harris' house on Christmas morning in our pj's and I somehow ended up with no pictures of that on my camera, but we were all there bright and early. There is always a ton of food and Sharon makes the best bacon I've ever had. After opening up endless gifts we go geocaching with Deja and Peanut, our other Christmas tradition.  The picture below is Kyle, Peanut and Deja trying to read the log in one of the caches.                                                                                                                                     For Christmas Kyle got a baby hiking backpack... that is me below wearing it. To be fair Kyle was wearing it before me but my mom took the pictures with her camera so I can't post them. The pack is kind of amazing, it can be adjusted to fit both of us in about 10 seconds. On this hike in Red Rocks Ariah was not happy at all. The only time she stopped fussing was when we took her out and sat and played with her on the sand stone. I blame the lack of sleep but my mom would probably say that she was just hungry. Either way she was not agreeable.

2 comments:

  1. OMG. I don't know who is more beautiful- you or your daughter. It's quite a toss-up. You are some GORGEOUS lookin' ladies! Kyle is a pretty lucky guy.

    And I bet your mom does love A more than you. My mom loves H more than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refuse to admit it even if I do believe it. I can't imagine loving anything or anyone more than Ariah, like her daughter. Is it even possible?

    Thanks for the nice words. xo

    ReplyDelete