4.1.11
My little sunshine is still hanging around in no hurry to come out. For the last few months I really thought the baby would come early so I didn't pay much mind to the fact that my doctor said he would induce 2 days after my due date. I cannot tell you how thankful I am that he is out of town tending to a family emergency until Monday morning. The doctor that I have in his absence did an ultrasound yesterday to check the amniotic fluid which has to be a 10 and mine is a 12 and she also checked to see that Ariah is doing her practice breathing and she is. Because Ari is doing well this doctor is letting me go until Monday when Dr. Mack returns. The nurses assured me that if I haven't had the baby by Monday morning he will induce me that day. I am more than a little afraid of the induction process.
In an effort to avoid induction and drugs in general we have hired a doula and I have been diligent in my exercise regiment throughout this whole pregnancy. The thought of being pumped full (yes I know this is an exaggeration) of pitocin freaks me out. In addition to the hula hooping, curb walking and induction massage, I think I have tried EVERYTHING to get this whole process going. I have taken Evening Primrose which is an herb that ripens the cervix, 30 minute cardio workouts in the form of Turbo Jam, last night and today we drove the railroad tracks, went off roading, had spicy food- enchiladas and to top it all off today I did an acupuncture induction session. I have another session scheduled for tomorrow morning.
Last week my mom and I went grocery shopping and bought a ton of food and tonight she finished cooking the last 2 pans of spaghetti pie and put it in the freezer. We have home-cooked meals for almost a month! It's amazing how effortlessly and deliciously she cooked a freezer full of food. As much as I want the baby here it has been so nice to spend a week with my mom.
I am going to go eat another homemade meal and then try to get a good night's rest in case Ariah decides to come out and play. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment