4.2.11
Talk about uncomfortable. This morning around 4am I woke up to pee, which is an over statement because my bladder is the size of a quarter at this point. When I came back to bed I couldn't go to sleep because my hips hurt so much from laying on them with all this extra weight. I propped myself up with all 5 of my pillows and tried to sleep that way with no luck. In addition to my hips hurting, my belly was so tight it felt like the baby was in a solid ball and I couldn't loosen it up for anything. Around 6am Kyle woke up and brought me ice packs for my hips and a cold cloth for my belly and massaged it. That didn't seem to help so he helped me stretch and then suggested we go for a walk, so we did. We got the dogs and went for a 4 mile walk. We stopped to see the owls but they must have still been sleeping, and then we walked the railroad tracks. The dogs had fun running around off leash and chasing each other and the birds. It was a gorgeous morning for a walk. When we got home we had breakfast and then my mom and I headed off to my second round of induction acupuncture.
Today's treatment was more intense than yesterday's, Dr. Fu could sense my urgency. I am all out of options and ideas aside from another long walk later today. Kyle and I talked about trying to become comfortable or at least accepting of induction on Monday. I want to do what is best for the baby but I really believe that is natural birth and I am having a really hard time giving in to any other way. In my mind pitocin brings on a slew of other interventions like an epidural and possibly a ceserean, especially with a bigger baby. My interim doctor said that she/they would offer me a c-section if I went to the hospital on Monday rather than induction. I am feeling a little lost at this point but still hopeful that something natural will happen before Monday morning. If you pray, please pray with me that my labor begins today or tomorrow.
My friend's mom posted something on facebook about lemon drop cupcakes helping 19 overdue moms go into labor. I guess that's the next thing to try, fresh lemon drop cupcakes so we are off to the store yet again. I will definitely post something when contractions start!
No comments:
Post a Comment