It turns out my kid is a genius. I know lots of moms say that and think that about their extraordinary child but I have proof that my little Ariah is a genius. A few days ago we were in the backyard playing, no, not the same day she smeared herself in dog poop, and when we were finished I put her on my hip and we went in. About halfway to the back door Ariah asked me, in perfect English, "Where's your shoe? Where's your shoe?"
In the mornings when she is getting dressed, her shoes will be nearby and I ask her, "Where's your shoes?" and she will pick them up and lay them on top of her feet. When she asked me, "where's your shoe?" I looked down at her foot that I could see and showed her her shoe. She kept asking me the question and when I put her down inside I noticed she was indeed missing a shoe. She ran to the doggie door, put her head out and stated her case again, "Where's your shoe, where's your shoe?!" I put my head out the doggie door and sure enough, there was her shoe! I opened the door and she ran and got it and brought it back to me to help her put it on.
In case you don't see the genius in that let me help you. I was reading in, "The Wonder Weeks" book last night that most children her age and older, like to imitate animal sounds and repeat single words, not my kid! She says whole sentences and knows what they mean! So, I have decided, to help supplement her college fund (not that she will need it because she will be offered a scholarship to Yale when she is ten) we will offer discounted Mensa Mentoring to other gifted children. She is available for booking between 10am and 2pm on weekdays only. On weekends she is prepping for Wimbledon.
No comments:
Post a Comment