Friday, May 18, 2012

the past few months...

It's no secret that I am not very good at keeping up on the blog. I am posting a whole bunch of pictures from the last few months. 
Ariah answering the phone. A friend asked me if I yell at the phone because when Ariah picks up her phone she starts hollering at it.
We went to visit  up to Reno to visit Jen, Henry, Robin and Uncle Robbie. We stopped in Truckee to visit Daniel and Nate and this is our girls playing together. I had a bright idea to let the girls bathe together and I just imagined bubbles and laughter everywhere. Hannah was bubbles and laughter but Ariah was way over tired and just started crying. In an effort to make her feel better, Hannah started crying too but it was totally fake. I wrapped Ariah off and whisked her to bed. Both girls slept "like babies" and we all sat downstairs chatting in the wee hours of 11pm. 
This is our gang, sure wish we lived closer!
Just the girls! (and a little boy but he's still in Mommy's belly in this picture)

At Cousin Jen and Henry's house


Ari and Uncle Robbie
Just the next week, Tuesday actually, Granny Kay and Poppy Gil came to visit. We had a really nice time. Granny and Poppy tried their hardest to get Ariah to walk while they were here but to no avail. They did manage to teach her the hand signs to Paddy Cake so that when she wanted to do Paddy Cake all she had to do was sign, "mark it with an A". Granny made her signature gumbo that I look forward to with every visit. They also took us shopping for our birthdays, Ariah got the world's cutest little strawberry dress with sweater and bonnet. Of course when we got to the dress department for mommies, Ariah had had enough. To be fair I think we all had, but she was the only one crying. Gil did an amazing job keeping her occupied while Kay and I baby shopped but she was done so we headed for home.
Poppy and Granny and Ariah
A few days after they left I was doing my video workout which I try to do while Ari is sleeping, but this time she woke up in the middle of it. I put her in her play area and finished my workout. Since she doesn't look like me it was very reassuring for her to do something that made me think she was actually my kid. She reached through her play gate for the weights. I was so proud! I even took a little video of her. That's my girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment